Not surprisingly, it takes a lot of work to make Playa del Rey the great community it is — and our volunteer committees are a big part of that story. Here are the current committees and what they do:
The Perimeter Wall Committee
Chairperson: Jim Richards
This Committee is examining all related solutions to the legals aspects and projects for ongoing maintenance, functionality and appearance of the Community perimeter walls.
The next meeting is scheduled for May 14, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the Clubhouse
The Small Lake Repairs/Updates Committee
Chairperson: Pat Flynn
This Committee is examining all related solutions to the ongoing maintenance, functionality and appearance of the decorative lake.
The next meeting is scheduled for May 9, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the Clubhouse
The Ski Lake Water Level Committee
Chairperson: Cameron Wilson
This Committee is examining all related solutions to the legals aspects and projects for the ski lake water level as it relates to historical records, functionality, risk assessments and examining potential solutions.
The next meeting has been scheduled for June 7, 2018 at 6:30 pm at the Clubhouse
The Events Committee
Chairperson: Zach Roundy
This individual conceives and manages all of our community events.
In addition to planning, each event takes a small army of homeowners to help make the magic happen and we’re always looking for people to help set things up and take them down. If you can help at any event (see the calendar here), please fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Homeowner Sponsored Events
If you would like to sponsor an event, complete the comment form and an Event team member will contact you for more information.
The Lake Committee
Chairperson: Justin Wright
These groups are responsible for all aspects of our community lakes, including:
- Anticipating and monitoring all lake-related issues and needs and bringing them to the attention of the Board for resolution;
- Defining the rules related to boating and skiing on the ski lake and submitting them to the Board for approval;
- Managing power boat inspections as required in the rules;
- Interfacing with the property manager regarding lake management needs and activities performed by the community’s lake management vendor;
- Working with the property manager regarding interfacing with Town of Gilbert and Maricopa County regarding water quality requirements and regulations.
Agenda for the Meeting Scheduled May 31 at 7:00 pm
- Status of ski lake boat slip architectural requests and permits
- Ski Lake repair project contract clarifications
- Update from Town of Gilbert on drain water options
- Clubhouse boat slip proposed location
Lake Committee Minutes and Recommendations:
Results of Apr 5, 2018 meeting (here)